Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
George Nolan concentrates his practice in the area of plaintiff's tort litigation and business litigation. He focuses on trying lawsuits successfully. His trial experience includes receiving a $9.1 million jury verdict in Sumner County Circuit Court in an automobile collision/wrongful death case as well as obtaining an $11 million judgment against Progressive Northwestern Insurance Company in a related insurance coverage dispute.
In August of 2009, George obtained a jury verdict of $10 Million in punitive damages against a publicly traded restaurant company in Rutherford County Circuit Court.
George has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America from 2008 to the present and Mid-South Super Lawyers from 2006 to the present for his personal injury litigation practice. George is also listed by the Nashville Business Journal as Best of the Bar. He maintains an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available from that peer review service.
George's practice includes personal injury, trucking litigation and truck wreck cases, automobile collision, legal malpractice, medical malpractice, product liability, premises liability and consumer fraud suits. His trucking and automobile collision experience includes many seven figure settlements and judgments. George has represented people with severe brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, burn injuries, and other traumatic problems.
George handles liquor liability/dram shop cases in which he represents those injured by persons who were over-served alcohol. He holds sellers of alcohol responsible for negligent alcohol service.
George has significant experience prosecuting and defending medical negligence claims. He has successfully represented numerous injured patients and their families against healthcare providers, and he has also defended large hospitals. George has litigated medical negligence cases involving laparoscopic surgical errors, plastic surgical procedures, medication errors, inner ear surgical procedures, drug overdoses, negligent credentialing, emergency room care, mental healthcare, and other types of cases.
George represents insurance policy holders and injured claimants against insurance companies in bad faith, first party coverage, casualty loss, consumer protection, and uninsured motorist claims.
George also represents businesses and individuals in a wide variety of commercial disputes involving breach of contract, fraud, and tortious interference with contract.
George is a member of the Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations; the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association; the American Association for Justice; and the NITA Advocates Association.
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia, 1991
Honors: Semi Finalist, Lile Moot Court Competition Honors: Honor Advocate in University Honor System
B.A., University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, 1988
Honors: With Honors Honors: Chairman, Student Conduct Board Major: Political Science
Areas of Practice:
- Trucking Litigation
- Automobile Collision Cases
- Product Liability
- Liquor Liability/Dram Shop Cases
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Insurance Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Fraud Cases
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Tennessee, 1991
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2000
- When Insurance Policies Have No Limits, Tennessee Bar Journal
- Discovering Liability Insurance Limits, a Plaintiff's Perspective, Tennessee Trial Lawyer Magazine
Honors and Awards:
- Best Lawyers in America, 2008 - Present, Nashville Personal Injury Litigation
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2006 - Present
- Best of the Bar - Nashville Business Journal, 2008 - Present
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Association for Justice, 1991 - Present Member
- American Association for Justice, 1991 - Present Member
- Tennessee Bar Association
Past Employment Positions:
- Boult, Cummings, Conners & Berry, PLC, Partner, 1997 – 2008
- Boult, Cummings, Conners & Berry, PLC, Associate, 1991 – 1997
- Sigma Chi
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Gamma Beta Phi